How to Sew… Stunning Throw Pillows! The perfect addition to any piece of furniture. If you can sew a straight line, then you can sew your pillows.
It will take approx. 10 minutes.
We have used popeline from Ninon’s latest collection Floral Escape and combined some larger and smaller prints.
- Fabrics (popeline or canvas)
- For the front: at least 45x45cm
- Note: we have sewn two fabrics together, how? Read it below.
- For the back: at least 45x65cm
- Sewing machine
- A pillow
- Decoration: to make the pillow extra good-looking, use for example some pompom ribbons (for a 40x40cm pillow you need 45cm)
If you’d like a front like ours, read this tutorial first. If you just want a pillow without the extra’s, you can skip this part.
- Choose the fabrics you want to combine
- Cut the fabrics. For our example we made a piece of 30×45 and a piece of 20x45cm.
- Pin both fabrics on top of each other with in between the pompom ribbon.
- Measure and cut the front part to a 45x45cm part.
1. Cut the fabrics for the backside in half.
2. Pin the two parts on top of the front piece and sew with a 1cm seam allowance
3. Hem the ends of the backside parts. We made a hem of 1,5cm.
4. Fold the backside parts from the side seams and make sure they overlap each other.
5. Pin and sew the sides together.
6. Turn your pillow inside out, stuff the insert inside and fluff.
And don’t forget to share your project with us 🙂